anybody else been spammed by "no-ip.com" yet?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Sat May 4 03:41:43 UTC 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 09:41:36PM -0400, PS wrote:

> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > 	If I haven't made my point, this is it...  NO ONE.  NO BODY!
> > would be so lame or STUPID as to do something so assinine without
> > checking with me first.  Anyone who did so was NOT someone with my
> > best interest in mind and certainly not a friend or "secret admirer".
> > Anyone doing that would be tracked down and made to pay consequences.
> > That very thing insures that nobody would do such a thing by accident,
> > honestly thinking I would be interesting in something like that (besides,
> > I don't associate with people having IQ's less than half their age).

> Perhaps you completely missed the point.

	Damn!  Guilty as charged.

> In this case, "secret admirer" = someone who dislikes Vixie and knows
> getting unwanted email sent to his address will more than likely rattle
> his bones.  In other words, "not someone with his best interest in mind."

	Ah yes!  I fell prey to my own traps and foibles!  Mea culpa.

	A few <Sarcasm> tags might have helped, but, I will admit, this
this a button push for me and I didn't think about it being sarcastic.
No!  Actually, it would have lost it's effect if you had pointedly made
to <Sarcasm>.  As such...  Well done!  I am hoisted on my own petard.

> It's not like Paul has a history of spam fighting or anything that would
> make him a target towards something like this.. nah..

	And I fall into the same category as Paul in that case.

	Mike
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/