anybody else been spammed by "no-ip.com" yet?

Vivien M. vivienm at dyndns.org
Fri May 3 21:08:44 UTC 2002

[snip]

I hate to sound like the big idiot here, but what exactly in the email
you received indicates no-ip.com spammed? It looks to me like you just
have some secret "admirer" who thought you wanted a no-ip.com account,
and no-ip.com emailed you to confirm that you do want the account.

Vivien

Random disclaimer: Yes, we're a competitor of no-ip.com's... And yes, we
used to send similar emails to people signing up for an account,
although nowadays instead of sending them an initial password we send a
confirm URL instead.

--
Vivien M.
vivienm at dyndns.org