Large ISPs doing NAT?

Avleen Vig lists-nanog at silverwraith.com
Fri May 3 19:47:00 UTC 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Scott Francis wrote:

> that is an excellent idea. I know one thing I would LOVE to have is a search
> engine that can answer my question, "Where can I find a coffee house
> {optionally: with 802.11b} open after midnight during the week in Los
> Angeles {optionally: the Valley}?"
>
> No good answers so far ... at least, none that involve driving less than 30
> minutes. :)

Ha! I've been in Burbank (in the Valley north of LA) for 7 months now, I
moved here from London. I've looked and looked and looked for *ANYTHING*
other than the odd gas station or supermarket open passed 9pm!

Coming from a place where restaurants are regularly open until 3am, even
far into the suburbs, this is a serious culture shock :-/