Large ISPs doing NAT?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Fri May 3 00:57:14 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Jake Khuon wrote:

> Time to start thinking a little further down the line.  What if the phone
> actually becomes an wireless IP gateway router?

Yuck. Current WAP-based phones can't even do websites well.
I've not been privy to 3G tests, so I don't know if GPRS/CDMA 1x does
better.

Of course, some of that is phone-specific. My Verizon Wireless Qualcomm
860's web browser always responded much more quickly than my current VZW
Nokia 3285's, and both phones feature microbrowsers authored by the same
company (Phone.com/Openwave).

--
Steve Sobol, CTO (Server Guru, Network Janitor and Head Geek)
JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET   http://JustThe.net