Effective ways to deal with DDoS attacks?

Wojtek Zlobicki wojtekz at idirect.com
Thu May 2 01:38:52 UTC 2002

> > What processes and/or tools are large networks using to
> > identify and limit the impact of DDoS attacks?
>
> A great deal of thought is being expended on this question, I am certain,
> however, how many of these thought campaings have born significant fruit
yet,
> I do not know.

How about the following :

We develop a new community , being fully transitive (666 would be
appropriate ) and either build into router code or create a route map to
null route anything that contains this community.  The effect of this being
the distribution of the force of the attack.

This aside, how effective would be using a no export community with ones
peers (being non transitive, it would still distribute the force of the
attack).