Help with bad announcement from UUnet

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Mar 29 16:43:26 UTC 2002

In a message written on Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 08:11:14AM -0600, Andy Walden wrote:
> > What would work better/faster?
> >
> > my-noc -> b0rken-noc
> >
> > or
> >
> > my-noc -> my-upstream-noc -> b0rken-noc-upstream-noc -> b0rken-noc
>
> Work better for who? For you? Sure. For a any provider that needs to
> provide quality services to its customers and follow processes to do so,
> not a chance. The Big Picture is key here.

Note that in both cases, b0rken-noc takes a single call, so their
load is unchanged.  The second case adds a call to both my-upstream-noc,
and b0rken-noc-upstream-noc.

It would seem going direct would put a lower load on NOC's in general,
which presumably would let them spend more time on problems and provide
better service.