Help with bad announcement from UUnet

Anne Marcel Roorda marcel at slowthinkers.net
Fri Mar 29 12:18:10 UTC 2002

Hi,

  The easiest would be to contact the remote site directly. As you're
having issues reaching them, they'll also have issues reaching you. If
it's enough of an issue for them they should be happy to assist in
fixing it.

  They should not only be aware of planned maintance, but also of
other issues that may be affecting them.

  Having a support model in which anyone can call any NOC about a
problem they're having does not scale very well.

- marcel