Exodus/C&W Depeering

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at opaltelecom.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 18:08:12 UTC 2002

You mean Exodus are well connected and C&W limit themselves which gives
longer paths and increased latency.

I guess its obvious to us this is bad, but the thing the C&W bosses are
relying on is that it wont be bad enough for Joe Public to notice, and I
very much doubt they will notice :/

Wonder what C&W long term plan is.. at some point they will have very few
peers, a global network and transit customers. Will they then depeer with
someone like Global Crossing in an attempt to force them to buy
transit?

We've seen similar upsets in the past but not to attain a business goal,
but I do wonder here what they plan to achieve... !

Steve

--
Stephen J. Wilcox
IP Services Manager, Opal Telecom