Exodus/C&W Depeering

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Tue Mar 26 17:58:09 UTC 2002

IIRC, Exodus had arrangements with at least some of their peering partners where in
exchange for the toleration of the asymetric traffic flow at peering points, they
would honor MEDs sent to them by said peering partners. I'm assuming that C&W's
pering points do not do this. So, it appears that these carriers are going to find
a lot more Exodus-orignated traffic on their networks come Friday. I just hope for
C&W's sake that their peering points are up to for the challenge of carrying that
traffic.

-C