Survey on IBGP persistent route oscillation problem

Yu Ning yuning at chinanet.cn.net
Fri Mar 22 01:05:19 UTC 2002

Hi Jac,

I try to find a suitable bgp mib/oid for nearly one week, but failed. I have
to say bgp v4
mib provide little help on this issue, neither cisco proprietary mib. So I
have to turn to
the "primitive" method.

I use nc batch file ( netcat 1.1 for NT running in dos shell ) to read the
"sh ip b s | inc table"
output from each router, then a homemade perl script to analysis the router
output and extract
the table counter value, at last  the perl script was called by mrtg as an
external script.  All the
 three parts are very small, and working well together for months.

I've added some download link in the page (http://performance.cn.net:2003/),
you can have
them as your wish :-)

regards,