Wired: Congress to Enter ICANN Fray

Larry Diffey ldiffey at technologyforward.com
Thu Mar 14 21:20:55 UTC 2002

When did the Internet become CENTRAL to national security????  Mildly
important? Sure.  Central? No way!  I think Senator Burns is mistaking
national security for political security therefore he must DO SOMETHING
about the problems at ICANN.

Senator Burns, put down the microphone and back away from the cameras!
<snip>

> "More fundamental questions also need to be addressed, such as whether
ICANN
> is even the most appropriate organization to be tasked with such a
critical
> mission, which is central to our national security," wrote Sen. Conrad
Burns