Purpose of the Internet

Borchers, Mark mborchers at splitrock.net
Thu Mar 14 19:00:26 UTC 2002

> This is a great book, BTW. All network engineers should read
> it.

Just happen to have it handy.  Both of the earlier posters were
correct.  The book cites both Bob Taylor's priority on R&E
networks and Baran's goal of a resilient communications system
that could survive a nuclear holocaust.  *Inspiration* - instead
of measuring nuclear weapon destructive power in megatons, it
would perhaps be useful to express it in megabackhoes.

I suspect