UUnet West Coast is down - Update

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at centergate.com
Sun Mar 10 05:30:40 UTC 2002

Rodney Joffe wrote:

> It appears that UUNet has an outage in the SFO/SJC area. We're waiting
> for a master ticket, and an etr.

The master ticket is 536089 - The outage report says:

As of 10:56pm EST an outage in the Boston area, and the West Coast,
including all of California.

Our circuit came back up at 12:15am EST.

Apparently certain NANOG subscribers in Atlanta on Media One with
Bellsouth email addresses seem to believe that an outage in SFO/SJC
could not create a West Coast or California Wide outage. I guess I still
have a lot to learn about how this networking stuff works. I'll keep
trying.

Back into the woodwork.

--
Rodney Joffe