Telco's write best practices for packet switching networks

Simon Higgs simon at higgs.com
Wed Mar 6 19:48:22 UTC 2002

At 06:30 PM 3/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>In most people's example networks they PROBABLY run all their 'services'
>on virtual interfaces anyway so ssh doesn't have to listen on the same ip
>as bind so perhaps it's a non-issue.

Does anyone have a good reference for this particular solution? Most
software is really badly documented when it comes to this, and without
configuration the service ends up on all the interfaces (or even just
localhost). Popular services like BIND and Sendmail are easy enough to
configure, but, documentation wise, this topic now reminds me of trying to
find decent rwx anon ftp instructions ten years ago.

Best Regards,

Simon

--
###