Tauzin-Dingell (was ICANN)

Mike Joseph mjoseph at netaxs.com
Tue Mar 5 22:35:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 03:21:06PM -0500, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> >
> > [...] much ranting deleted
> >
> > http://www.rivers4congress.com/
>
> Am I the only one who is uncomfortable with turning NANOG into a political
> tirade? Opposing legislation is one thing, turning it into an opportunity
> to elect your favorite candidate is another.

I agree.  I think that NANOG is in no way the appropriate forum for
discussion of a particular candidate.  I do, however, feel that those in
our industry need to be more politically active, especially with regard to
legislation such as this.  In fact, Mr. Simpson may have a good idea about
the formation of ISP political lobby, but NANOG shouldn't be it.

-Mike