Sprint peering policy

Joe Wood joew at accretive-networks.net
Fri Jun 28 06:42:57 UTC 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, E.B. Dreger wrote:

> I just checked Last-Modified on AADS' pricing page, and it looks
> like it was modified within two months of today.  Assuming that
> prices are as current as the page "starting at $4700/mo" is
> indeed steep.

The pricing is a bit steep, as is MAE pricing.

However, when initially building a network and peering infrastructure
isn't it usually expected that you be able to peer at MAE-WEST, MAE-EAST,
and AADS?

I've noticed that the trend is gradually shifting away from this, as more
and more networks choose exchanges like Equinix to form their core
exchange points.

This brings up a question I've been wondering about for some time; How
many of you with peering policies that require geographical diversity on
public peering sessions specify exchange point presence requirements?

How many of you still only have public peering at the MAEs and AADS?

Joe