Sprint peering policy

Daniel Golding dgolding at sockeye.com
Thu Jun 27 17:29:41 UTC 2002

Ralph,

Two points, here.

One is, Sprint won't peer with you. I'm not even sure who you work for, but
rest assured, they will not peer with you. Time spent on this might be
better utilized reading some of Bill Norton's excellent intro to peering
papers, or, if you work for a company that is truly serious about peering,
you could hire an experienced peering engineer, to assist you with this.
There are several that are currently available.

The second point is, whomever you spoke to has violated a non-disclosure
agreement, one that is normally taken seriously. I would tread carefully in
this area, as it may get whomever you spoke with in a significant amount of
trouble.

Finally, I'm not sure why anyone would want to actually waste the time on
this - there are numerous large tier 2 networks that are starting to get
peering initiatives going. If you are large enough, I'm sure they would love
to peer with you. Remember - peering that first 50% of your traffic is not
that hard, if you have the resources, contacts and knowledge. It's that last
bit that hurts.

- Daniel Golding