ARIN IP allocation question

Joel Baker lucifer at lightbearer.com
Thu Jun 27 07:13:50 UTC 2002

I have contacted Mr. Tarrall privately about this matter (since I happen to
work for the ISP in question for my day job...); more than that, I probably
can't say without violating NDAs, except that I believe there may have been
a breakdown in communications.

My *personal* opinion is that wise ISPs only punt customers to ARIN once
they reach the point where they can, in fact, have a normal ARIN netblock
assigned directly to them (currently a /20, unless I slept through another
change...)

Insert standard disclaimers here, I'm a router jockey not an officer, etc.