How low can Worldcom stock go?

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Wed Jun 26 03:26:46 UTC 2002

Check out an earlier case of worldcom long distance resale sending
out bills they can't collect.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2002/0610/064.html

"Ring of Thieves" by Neil Weinberg, 06.10.02

Ring of Thieves
by Neil Weinberg
A former MCI billings manager sits in a federal prison, convicted of
crimes he said he learned to commit while working for his former
employer.

this one resulted in 600 million write off in 2000

>I have a $132,000 bill for an $4k/mon oc3 that was installed less than a
>year ago.
>
>I have a $77,000 bill for UUNet bandwidth -- one months billing, according
>to them -- for a 9meg ds3.
>

>On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Bill Woodcock wrote:
>

>>      > Remember, this is just the beginning. Do you remember you
>>WCOM bills for
>>      > services that you had canceled years ago? That will come out
>>as well...
>>
>>  Heh, just today, I received a bill from WorldCom for $75,097.30, for
>>  nothing in particular, that I can discern, which they claim to have been
>>  the unpaid accumulation of some monthly service from May, 1999 through the
>>  present.  Um, yeah, right.  :-)
>>
>>                                  -Bill
>>

>-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
>--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --