I've been informed that I'm off-topic and off-charter

Adam Rothschild asr at asr.org
Fri Jun 21 18:58:19 UTC 2002

On 2002-06-21-14:32:10, "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol at JustThe.net> wrote:
> Of course, I find it exceedingly interesting that Ms. Harris decided
> to yell at me and apparently not at any of the other 30+ people
> participating in the thread.

No, you're not alone.

  <http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras/srh>
  <http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras/srh2>

> Nor can I find any comments in the charter or on the web site about
> whether spam or DNS blacklists are on-topic or off-topic for this
> mailing list.

I'm not sure I see the logic in it either.  Spam is a problem deeply
impacting every single network operator -- far moreso than IRC DDoS,
problems with clue-deprived residential cable and DSL services,
building core routers with commodity PC hardware, and the like.  ;)

Still, her list, her rules, gotta respect 'em...

-a