SPEWS?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Fri Jun 21 03:13:05 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Benjamin P. Grubin wrote:

> Saying that a report is voluntary and/or advisory gets more and more
> irrelevant as rate of adoption increases.  Yes, the thousands of credit
> card companies could choose to evaluate you in any manner they wish, but
> yet they *all* judge you solely on your credit report.  So in *reality*,
> is it really still useful to say it is voluntary and advisory therefore
> undeserving of scrutiny/complaint?

I'm really not sure why you're making these assumptions. I don't beat
around the bush... I've never seen you on NANOG before, nor have I talked
to you in any other venue, so I assume you aren't aware of that particular
point. I didn't say SPEWS or any other listing service was undeserving of
scrutiny. I didn't even try to imply that.

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -