SPEWS?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Fri Jun 21 02:20:30 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Benjamin P. Grubin wrote:

> But credit reports *are* legislated, whether you want them to be or not.

Regulated, yes. That really has no bearing on the fact that companies can
choose to use or not use credit reports in determining whether to do
business with, extend credit to, or employ someone. The credit bureaus
maintain files which are used in an advisory manner and the use of such
information is completely voluntary.

> that uses these lists by default.  Yes--it is subscription, but at some
> point it becomes de-facto public record, and everyone simply trusts them
> because they don't know any better and everything occurs behind the
> scenes.  Eventually that too will become an oligopoly (if it isn't
> already).

That doesn't negate the point I was trying to make.

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -