SPEWS?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Jun 20 20:25:05 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:07:40 -0400 (EDT) "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol at JustThe.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
>
> > What do you do if the ISP says "We want to turn them off, but they've
> managed
> > to get a restraining order preventing us"?  We've seen THAT before....
>
> Then the ISP shouldn't be punished just because they wrote a bad
> contract.

actually, i think Valdis was alluding to the Paetec fiasco with Monsterhut.
in that particular case, the contract was ok, but Monsterhut lied to the
court about the source of their addresses in order to try and weasel out of
being terminated.

the whole mess took a year or so to wend its way through the NY court
system. bleah.

richard
   ("spammers lie? i'm shocked!")
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net