SPEWS?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jun 20 20:12:59 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:41:45 PDT, william at elan.net  said:

> But there is intermediate altenative - create organization with all isps
> as its members (kind of like ARIN/APNIC/RIPE for mail service providers)
> and have all downstream corporate customers be required to either also be
> member of this organization or relay email through its isp. Do note that

I'm *sure* that our connectivity provider will want us to forward us
several million pieces of email a day, just so they can forward it
along, if we decided to not join.  So we have our choices of joining
(probably with a membership fee), letting a provider that probably doesn't
want our load relay our mail (and that will cost *them* money for a mail
server hefty enough to do it), or filter port 25 because we didn't pay...

Looks like a good candidate for getting sued via RICO.  "An offer you can't
refused".  Hmm...

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer