SPEWS?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Jun 20 03:36:16 UTC 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> What ticks me off is there is noone to talk to about it, you are expected
> to grovel on some usenet group and hope that they are reading and will
> remove you after sufficient heckling. The problem is that all the

I haven't actually tried using any of this info...but

      Domain, Contact  chip at sendmail.ru
      Sergei ''chip'' Didorenko
      Visit Lake Biakal! :: http://baikal.irkutsk.org
      po box 61, Baikalsk-2
      Irkutsk region, --  665914
      RU
      (7-3952) 348-335
      (7-3952) 348-335

I wonder what it costs to call Russia?  I also wonder...can you register
domains you really don't want to be contacted about with 900 numbers?  Now
that would be cool.  'You want to call and whine...ok, but it's going to
cost you.' :)

> Not to sound too much like our friend Mitch, but people who run blackholes
> with agendas are really sitting on a lot of power to abuse. The end users
> who install software like Spam Assassin usually have no idea that a couple
> chains down the link there are insane people injecting bunk data.

That's their fault though for using a blacklist or software without
looking into how it works or what its policies are.  A blacklist is only
as powerful as the people using it make it.  If it pisses off its users
too many times, they'll quit using it.  If you're listed on a blacklist
nobody uses, does your mail get blocked? :)

 Atlantic Net                |