ATTBI refuses to do reverse DNS?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jun 19 03:14:52 UTC 2002

[ On Tuesday, June 18, 2002 at 17:29:18 (-0400), Stephen Griffin wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ATTBI refuses to do reverse DNS?
>
> The lack of clue tends to be on the providing in-addr side of things.
> I think it is a great thing to refuse connections from ips without
> in-addr, in the same way it is great to refuse mail from domains that
> don't provide postmaster addresses.

Providing or not providing reverse DNS is not really the central issue
here -- it is whether the reverse DNS is correct, i.e. consistent with
the "forward" hostnames, or not, that really matters.  Usually it's
better to have no reverse DNS at all than to have broken reverse DNS.  I
agree though it's much better to always have correct reverse DNS!  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods