Error in assignments....?

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Tue Jun 11 19:32:30 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:06:07PM +0200, Sabri Berisha wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
>
> > Ugh, this is why ASN's exist and is why ppl have been posting about
> > inconsistent BGP announcements of late
> >
> > If you originate the same block from 2 ASNs then you no longer have a
> > single administrative area and need a 3rd ASN as per the RFC.
>
> And if your regional registry refuses to assign an ASN you are cooked and
> you will probably end up using a solution like this. I'm not saying its
> good, I'm saying its bad, but unfortunately common practice.

Which RIR is refusing to assign an ASN if you want to multi-home? At least
not that one your living in ...

Arnold
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting          mailto:arnold at nipper.de
Hermann-Loens-Weg 15                       Phone:  +49 700 NIPPER DE
D-69207 Sandhausen                         Mobile: +49 172 2650958
Germany                                    Fax:    +49 1212 512364310