NANOG25 - MRTG Stats for Hotel Network

Etaoin Shrdlu shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Mon Jun 10 13:44:22 UTC 2002

Simon Lockhart wrote:

> On Mon Jun 10, 2002 at 07:24:52AM -0400, Susan Harris wrote:
> > Randy, please talk with me before posting any more messages.
>
> I appreciate that this was a mis-post, but it does raise the question
> of whether the NANOG list is an open forum or not...

Considering the LARGE number of messages that are posted here that are
truly non-operational (such as whether certain people have connectivity on
their DSL line), I suspect that Susan was far more concerned with the
slashdot effect of a bazillion people going to look at the bandwidth link
(for the hotel router) that Randy had posted.

I think you are reading too much into the original post.

> If the issue is with meeting messages being on the main NANOG list, can
> I suggest setting up a seperate mailing list for NANOG meeting attendees,
> where non-operational content can be posted?

I hope not. I imagine that one of the niceties for those not attending is
listening in on the exchanges. At least someone's having a good time.

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                                       Benjamin Franklin