mail-abuse.org down?

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Sat Jun 8 15:17:46 UTC 2002

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 jlewis at lewis.org wrote:
> I did some more looking last night, and it seems it's not down, it's just
> unreachable from my network.  Even stranger, it's only unreachable from
> Atlantic.Net's primary ARIN block of 209.208.0.0/17.  Traceroutes die at
> so-1-1-0.mpr1.sql1.us.mfnx.net (209.249.203.58).

It may not be related, but there have been several strange route
inconsistencies wondering around the network yesterday and today
affecting a variety of sites for a few hours at a time.  Even stranger
it seems to only be affecting routes in parts of the net, so the
site is sometimes reachable from one place but not another. One person
monitoring BGP picked up lots of inconsistent routes from his peers last
night, but they've cleared up now.  Either there is a odd bug in vendor's
routing software, a network engineer has goofed, or someone is playing
games.