Diagnostic Tools

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Thu Jun 6 20:25:38 UTC 2002

I've seen the usual list of HP Openview/Ciscoworks (bad name)/Big Brother.

I've used Netsaint at 2 installations. http://www.netsaint.org.
Only problem is they are changing their name to nagios due to a request
from the SAINT people. The latest development version of netsaint is at
http://www.nagios.org

Really good program and you can usually set it up pretty quick.
With the plugins you can have it monitor just about anything you want.

I know it supports monitoring:
smtp,pop,nntp,ping,mysql,radius,ldap,disks,ntp,oracle,load,ircd,swap...and
on and on.

Don't let the beta in the version fool you. It's not just beta quality.

Gerald

P.S. Long time listener first time poster.