Updates to the root zone Re: KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

Simon Lyall simon.lyall at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jun 6 19:04:23 UTC 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Randy Bush wrote:
> that was the fast track.  it can take months.

Months? Years more like.

.nz have been trying to update their whois information for a couple of
years (IIRC) now. From what I understand the update have been refused
since their won't sign the ICANN contracts (like 95% of the other TLDs)

NOTE: The specific change I'm thinking of is their street address (and
organisation name for that matter). I *think* a name server change *did*
go though after a lot of pushing.

Disclaimer: I'm not involved with running .nz at all nor ICANN politics
  for that matter.

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: simon.lyall at ihug.co.nz
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: simon at darkmere.gen.nz