KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Thu Jun 6 14:55:44 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 04:31:21PM +0200, Daniel Concepcion wrote:

> Yes, but there is problem about the transit for the network of the IXP
> In my experience, some big providers only have the commercial view of
> internet.

If an IXP decides to offer infrastructural services then you have to buy
upstream of course.

> Really, if all the IXP members give some transit to the IXP for essential
> services, internet will be more robust.

At least each IXP member would have direct connectivity to such
infrastructural services (DNS, NTP, WHOIS, NNTP??) and thereby their
customers would benefit from it.

And an IXP should be in a good position to get upstream :-)) And for
the commercials: these services are not for free of course. So bills
for IXP members will drop not raise.

-- Arnold