OT: Re: Bogon list

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Thu Jun 6 14:46:06 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 02:14:21AM +0300, rafi-nanog at meron.openu.ac.il said:
> Richard,
>
>  Kindly explain how not knowing procmail (or Unix for that matter)
> relates to configuring BGP/OSPF/Cisco IOS/JunOS
> (Yes I know JunOS is based on FreeBSD -
>  but I doubt anyone runs an MTA or MUA on it ... ;-)

It's not a causal relationship, but more of an indirect one: those that tend
to have networking clue very frequently also possess UNIX clue. Which is what
I (and I suspect Richard) was driving at ...

[snip]
>   Also don't even get me started on *security* consultants that are forced
> (by corporate policy) to read Email on MS OutLook from an Exchange server :-(

The MUA someone may have to use has nothing to do with whether or not that
person possesses experience with UNIX and standard UNIX utilities.
--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
Systems/Network Manager          sfrancis@ [work:]         t o n o s . c o m