redundancy [was: something about arrogance]

Patrick Evans pre at PRE.ORG
Wed Jul 31 00:32:49 UTC 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Jim Shankland wrote:

> Patrick Evans <pre at PRE.ORG> writes:
>
> > My first project, if network availability were a key issue, within any
> > organisation would be to a) obtain [an AS number] and b) make use of
> > it.
>
> Heh.  How many bits in an AS number, again?

*grin*

That's a problem with the underlying protocol. I get paid to run
operational networks, not bleat endlessly about "how much work would
it *really* take to implement 24bit AS numbers?" :)

Crying about protocol deficiencies is a distant second to keeping a
business up and running these days.

--
Patrick Evans, allegedly
Email:	pre at pre.org