redundancy [was: something about arrogance]

Patrick Evans pre at PRE.ORG
Tue Jul 30 23:00:33 UTC 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, David Schwartz wrote:

> One more just for kicks. Client had a 100Mbps circuit from their sole
> provider (100Mbps to colocated router, DS3 from this router to their
> premises). The circuit had been in place for several years and the contract
> had long since expired. One day, they got a call

Er, what does due diligence mean to you?

(We're waaaay into no-shit-sherlock territory here)

(For the record, I'd consider any operation without an AS number a
startup, and my first project, if network availability were a key
issue, within any organisation would be to a) obtain one and b) make
use of it. YMMV, but some V are more equal then others. Particularly
in the current economic climate.)

--
Patrick Evans, allegedly
Email:	pre at pre.org