anyone have a genealogy of providers?

k claffy kc at caida.org
Mon Jul 29 22:34:28 UTC 2002

does anyone know of a concise genealogy of providers
since 1990
(e.g., GTE + BBN begat GTE Internetworking;
GTEI absorbed Genuity; GTE + BBN + Genuity + ... => Verizon;
by ASes even better but we can do the mappings if needed)

we're trying to integrate a little more semantic sanity
to presentations of macroscopic infrastructure growth over time
(notwithstanding the fact that semantic sanity in this
space is a losing battle) and it would sure help to
have the metabolic process codified in a single source.

pointers muchly appreciated,