Bogon list or Dshield.org type list

Peter E. Fry pfry at swbell.net
Mon Jul 29 14:49:40 UTC 2002

michael.dillon at radianz.com wrote:
[...]
> other people could look in their netflow data
> for traffic from bogon addresses to your destination.

  Do other people need such a list to discover invalid source addresses
emerging from their networks?

> [...] the owners of compromised
> machines used to initiate DDOS attacks will begin to secure their machines
> the way they should have in the first place.

  Given.  The issue of securing networks has been covered here -- I'd've
figured it would have been worked into this issue as a given, for all
that it makes tracking attacks in the above scenario a tad more
challenging.

Peter E. Fry