solving problems instead of beating heads on walls [was: something about arrogance]

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Sat Jul 27 15:47:38 UTC 2002

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Ralph Doncaster wrote:

> And your assumption about my Ottawa-Toronto link is wrong.  I have a 100M
> point-to-point ethernet link between the cities.  I have a 100M transit
> connection to Peer1 in Toronto, and have issued a letter of intent to a
> transit provider in Ottawa for a 100M link.

Ralph, if you have a 100m link between the two cities, why don't you use
conditional announcements to only announce your /20 though Ottawa if your
primary transit in Toronto goes down? Then, you only need to announce your
/20 in Toronto, no need to deaggregate, and the whole issue is solved.

Then, when you have the Ottawa 100m transit link up, you can announce your
/20 to both transit providers all the time.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access