istop arrogance

Ralph Doncaster ralph at istop.com
Sat Jul 27 14:16:35 UTC 2002

> > Why won't the rest of the world see extra hops and increased latency
> > reaching my network (for the 50% of the time that the wrong transit
> > provider is picked).
>
> Because you could *gasp* be intelligent with your network design and do
> things like purchase transit from the same carriers in both your serving
> markets.

I guess you don't consider redundancy to be intelligent.  I do.  I guess
you can call me stupid.

> The problem here Ralph is that you see absolutely no problem with doing
> things on your network that have minimal benefit to you, yet have global
> impact.

The problem here Paul is that you can't seem to see the forest for the
trees.

If you consider routing table size reduction so important, why don't you
filter all /24's?  That will give you much more benefit than /20's that
have been de-aggregated.

-Ralph