QoS/CoS in the real world?

Kurt Erik Lindqvist kurtis at kurtis.pp.se
Thu Jul 25 09:53:49 UTC 2002

Appart from that this to me looks like a marketing post....

> Sorry I didn't see this note earlier, but wanted to make you aware that
> Masergy Communications is actually offering such a service on a native
> MPLS based IP network.  We provide differentiated IP services via

"native MPLS based IP network" ? Native to what?

> MPLS based IP network.  We provide differentiated IP services via
> customer DSCP marking at the network edge. QoS is supported end to end
> through the Masergy core via promotion to the MPLS EXP marking.

Uhm, I never figured out why we need MPLS to honor the DSCP markings. After
reading further in the text it doesn't seem to me as if you are using any
of the MPLS "features" either...

Sorry - I couldn't resist...

- kurtis -