AS286 effectively no more..

Kurt Erik Lindqvist kurtis at kurtis.pp.se
Thu Jul 25 07:43:18 UTC 2002

> Does anyone know what happened to the Ebone/KPNQWEST European-wide DWDM
> system? I figure that if it was shut down, we would see more impact.

It's beeing sold off in pices.

> Their IP network load I bet was quite easily handled by other operators
> considering the huge over-capacity situation we have had the past years.

Uhm, how many pan-European _fiber_ owners is there? Not that many. Most of
that over capacity was bought from KQ in Europe...

Keep in mind that this is a game where everyone is dependent on everybody
else. There isn't that much actual diverse fiber out there...

- kurtis -