PASSIVE [D]WDM... Like, Cisco 15216.

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Jul 25 06:33:57 UTC 2002

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Simon Lockhart wrote:

> I'm currently using the 15454 to wavelength convert OC48 signals, but have
> not to date seen a black-box wavelength convertor - I would also be interested
> to know if such a beast exists. I think if you want to do this, you're stuck
> with the Metro 1500 (or equivalent from someone else), which becomes very
> expensive quickly.

Transmode <http://www.transmode.com> has both 1.25Ghz and 2.5Ghz units
with where you pretty much can pick and choose your optics from 850nm MM,
1310, 1510, 1530, 1550 and 1570nm when you order. This is not a complete
ITU grid from what I can find (I don't know exactly what ITU grid is but I
found some specs) but rather for CWDM use.

There should be quite a few manufacturers making units like these, I know
the MRV people does it as well (or some company within MRV).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se