effects of NYC power outage

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Mon Jul 22 17:36:49 UTC 2002

I have never seen the final root cause (actually direct cause, we know
what the root cause was) report from Telehouse.  Although I can understand
why Telehouse wouldn't want to say what happened.

Between replacing water pumps, reports of contanimation inside and
outside the cooling system,  fuel delivery delays, etc I'm not certain
there was a single cause.  From the outside there seemed to be multiple
events, each with different direct causes.