Requirement to store email for 90 days.

Daniel Senie dts at senie.com
Mon Jul 22 17:02:54 UTC 2002

At 12:17 PM 7/22/2002, John Fraizer wrote:

>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/26217.html
>
>"Service providers are also required to keep customer records, including
>emails, for 90 days, under the bill."  "The bill has to go to Senate,
>where it is expected to receive little opposition, before becoming law."

Are you reacting to the contents of the bill (bill number?) or to the
interpretations of a reporter?

Could someone please cite the 90 days requirement in an actual bill? Not
saying it's not there, but the bills I could find through Thomas don't seem
to have any mention of this. I'm not calling my senators until I have
precise citations.

Daniel Senie                                        dts at senie.com
Amaranth Networks Inc.                    http://www.amaranth.com