Act Surprised.....

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Mon Jul 22 13:59:35 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:40:49AM -0700, JC Dill wrote:

> On 06:23 PM 7/21/02, Jeff Workman wrote:
> >
> >http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/020721/worldcom_bankruptcy_16.html
>
> I *am* surprised.  How does a company file BK on a Sunday?

The better to not have to pay the bills on monday...

An easy way to spot a chpt11 filing-to-be is to watch for mysterious
changes in payroll which result in regular employees being paid a day or
more in advance of normal. WCOM(soon to be Q.OB)'s prepay made it to
f***** company, I called sunday when that happened and I was right. :)

When GBLX filed they paid regular employees early and claimed it was a
"bank change", but what they actually did was file a day before severence
checks for the month were to be paid to all the people they had already
laid off. That money has still not been paid, and probably never will.

But now back to something operational... Does a betting pool on chpt11
dates count as operational? :)