effects of NYC power outage

Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Mon Jul 22 13:10:34 UTC 2002

In message <20020722130741.34462.qmail at web20809.mail.yahoo.com>, senthil ayyasa
my writes:

>     BGP stability was normal on 9/11. As we know only
>the telephone network suffered more whereas internet
>remained stable. Their might have been some problems
>in the access because of the flash crowd problem.

I've now seen a lot of data on 9/11 and BGP (and other metrics) and,
while final results and interpretation will wait for the NRC report, I will
say that the data on reachability and such like varies dramatically,
depending on where measured, granularity of measurements and other issues.

Thanks!

Craig