/24s run amuck... again

Ralph Doncaster ralph at istop.com
Fri Jul 19 12:06:44 UTC 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> With all the recent talk about filtering, I figured now was a good time
> to update my list of evil /24 announcers... There are currently over 63k
> /24s out of 113k total unfiltered announcements (over 55%).

Does anyone (Cisco, Juniper, etc.) have an auto-aggregation feature?
Let's say a router that receives the following prefixes under a single AS
206.51.128.0/24
206.51.129.0/24
206.51.131.0/24

And the following network is not in the table:
206.51.130.0/24

Then it would be usefull to collapse it into a single 206.52.128/22
aggregate (especially if the metrics & communities are the same).

-Ralph