Multi second RTT's from Level3 to Shockwave

Pete Ehlke pde+nanog at ehlke.net
Thu Jul 18 20:13:27 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 02:54:13PM -0400, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> I got a complaint about this :
>
> > weird - I can't pull up Atom Films or Shockwave from any of my computers..
> >
> > Homne or office.
> >

> Now, let's see - intervideomag.com is
> 209.246.228.72, which is assigned to redwire.net, which is part
> of Level 3.
>
> Atom Films.com is 63.251.52.76, which is
> assigned to AS 16974, Shockwave.com, which seems to
> get access from Internap.

[abysmal RTT from l3 to shockwave]

> What can give such huge RTT's ?

Shockwave get access from l3 (and possibly from uunet, as well, though I
think that link was scheduled to be dropped at some point) in addition
to internap. I've forwarded this to my still-employed former cow-orkers,
who have been fighting this nastiness for nearly a week.

-Pete