No one behind the wheel at WorldCom

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Sun Jul 14 02:44:33 UTC 2002

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 10:20:01PM -0400, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> Supposidly Level 3 requires IRR filtering on their peers, but do they
> actually try to enforce this? I know they do an excellent job maintaining
> their own IRR entries, but I'm certain they peer with people who don't
> have a current db. Probably not, since the vast majority of their current
> peers don't meet their current peering requirements. :)

Hehehe ok someone answered this question for me privately...

For example:

> whois -h whois.radb.net 64.206.3.0/20
route:         64.206.3.0/24
descr:         Proxy-registered route object for Sprint :-)
origin:        AS7136
remarks:       auto-generated route object
remarks:       this next line gives the robot something to recognize
remarks:       The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
remarks:
remarks:       This route object is for a Sprint customer route
remarks:       which is being exported under this origin AS.
remarks:
remarks:       This route object was created because no existing
remarks:       route object with the same origin was found, and
remarks:       we really just wanted to help out those poor Sprint
remarks:       folks who have an aversion to registering routes.
remarks:
remarks:       We hope they have a sense of humor.
remarks:
remarks:       Please contact WeLoveThoseCrazySprintFolks at Level3.net
remarks:       if you have any questions regarding this object.
mnt-by:        SPRINT-MNT
changed:       WeLoveThoseCrazySprintFolks at Level3.net 20020626
source:        LEVEL3