Stop it with putting your e-mail body in my MUA OT

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Wed Jul 10 16:29:16 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 11:11:41AM -0500, ssprunk at cisco.com said:
[snip]
> You left out the MIME header that's actually causing the problem:

> ]  protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz"
>
> My MUA understands multipart/mixed and multipart/alternative; it doesn't
> understand multipart/signed and therefore has no clue what to do with the
> message as a whole, even if it does understand one of the component's type.
>
> If anyone has a procmail recipe for dropping the second part and promoting the
> text/* to main body, I'm all ears.

This procmail recipe works for me. YMMV, depending on MUA/OS/crypto
combination.
----
# taken from http://www.mutt.org/doc/PGP-Notes.txt

:0
{
        :0 fBw
        * ^-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
        * ^-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
        | /usr/local/bin/formail \
            -i "Content-Type: application/pgp; format=text; x-action=encrypt"

        :0 fBw
        | /usr/local/bin/formail \
            -i "Content-Type: application/pgp; format=text; x-action=sign"
}
----
-= Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527
        illum oportet crescere me autem minui